Still deciding where to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year? Here are our top five Hamptons picks:
1. The Hideaway: Opening for the season just in time for Cinco de Mayo on Friday, May 2, The Hideaway (364 West Lake Drive, Montauk, 631-668-6592, thehideawaymontauk.com) offers a drink menu with 30 kinds of tequila, making this Montauk location an obvious choice.
2. La Superica: This scenic Sag Harbor spot may be known for their 2 lb burritos, but their margaritas are just as noteworthy. La Superica (2 Main Street & the corner of Long Island Avenue, Sag Harbor, 631-725-3388) serves them both on the rocks (we recommend a Perfect) and frozen.
3. Mercado: The Bridgehampton restaurant is another Hamptons location featuring an impressive tequila list. With over 20 tequila based drinks and 75 tequilas to choose from, you won’t run out of cocktail choices at Mercado (1970 Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton, 631-237-1334, mercadony.com).
4. La Fondita: While the Amagansett eatery won’t be open on Cinco de Mayo (they’re closed on Mondays), La Fondita (74 Montauk Highway, Amagansett, 631-267-8800, www.lafondita.net) is making up for it by celebrating all weekend long with holiday specials from Friday, May 2, through Sunday, May 4.
5. Blue Cactus: This Hampton Bays restaurant has a margarita menu that boasts everything from sweet to spicy to classic to frozen. The bar at Blue Cactus (122 East Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays, 631-728-0000, www.agavesbluecactus.com) has limited seating, so make sure you get there early.