Goblins, ghosts, princesses, devils, angels, zombies, and other ethereal creatures will soon be invading the Hamptons to celebrate All Hallows’ Eve. This year, Halloween falls on a Friday leaving partygoers with several opportunities to checkout haunted happenings. Here are our top five picks:
1. WEHM’s DJ Anthony is hosting Southampton Publick House’s (40 Bowden Square, Southampton, 631-283-2800, www.publick.com) Halloween Costume Party on Friday, October 31st. The festivities begin at 9 p.m. and DJ Dory is spinning all night long. The award for best costume will be announced at midnight, so dress to impress because the top outfit takes home $500. Admission is $10.
2. Rowdy Hall (10 Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-8555, www.rowdyhall.com) is holding their 15th annual “Rowdyween” party on Friday, October 31st at 8 p.m. Admission is $35 and gets you one complimentary drink, tasty snacks, $5 drafts, and $6 well drinks. “Rowdyween” will feature music by DJ Noid and a best costume contest with a $500 grand prize. So come in costume . . . or don’t come at all. Tickets are available in advance at www.eventbrite.com. Prior to the witching hour, WEHM’s DJ Anthony is broadcasting live from the Rowdy Hall courtyard during trick or treating hours from 3 to 5 p.m.
3. Harlow East is celebrating the ghoulish holiday with Halloween in the Hamptons – “Drag Me to Hell” on Saturday, October 25th (Long Wharf, Sag Harbor, 631-725-5858, sagharbor.harlownyc.com) at 8 p.m. The evening will include music by DJ Karin Ward and a cash bar. Admission is $25.
4. Get a double dose of Halloween happenings at Southampton Arts Center (25 Jobs Lane, Southampton, 631-283-0967, southamptoncenter.org). They’re hosting their annual Halloween Party on Saturday, October 25th at 7 p.m. The bash features music by DJ Tony Kerr and DJ Dory Seymore, an open bar, food, and dancing. While you’re there, dare to be scared at the Spooktacular Haunted House. $250 will be awarded for both the best male and female costume, and the best group costume will take home $500. Tickets are $70.
5. Page at 63 Main (63 Main Street, Sag Harbor, 631-725-1810, www.page63main.com) is throwing a Halloween Costume Bash on Friday, October 31st from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Catch a set by DJ Twilo while enjoying half priced specialty cocktails and Halloween bites. Admission is free and prizes will be given for best costume, best drag, spookiest costume, and other creative categories.
For more information about local Halloween parades and events, check out the Hamptons.com calendar and sign up for the Hamptons.com Weekly Brief.