Memorial Day weekend, a.k.a. the official kickoff to the Hamptons summer season is right, around the corner. For all you last minute planners, here are ten events to check out.
1. Pop by the grand opening of Lexington Clothing Co.’s concept store (46 Main Street, Southampton, 631-204-5803, www.lexingtoncompany.com) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 24, for a bit of shopping and to meet Hamptons.com Executive Editor Nicole B. Brewer. Enjoy refreshments and enter for a chance to win a variety of fabulous prizes.
2. Uniting Against Lung Cancer (UALC) is hosting their annual “Kites for a Cure” event at Coopers Beach (268 Meadow Lane, Southampton, www.unitingagainstlungcancer.org) on Saturday, May 24, from 4 to 6 p.m. For a donation of $30, attendees can decorate a kite on-site and then let it soar in the sky. Proceeds benefit lung cancer research and raise awareness for the nation’s number one cancer killer.
3. The ARF Thrift Shop Designer Showhouse Cocktail Reception at the ARF Thrift & Treasure Shop (17 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack, www.arfhamptons.org) is on Saturday, May 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. Attendees can browse through the Showhouse, which was curated by top interior decorators, and all furnishings will be for sale. Tickets are $250 for the exclusive preview hour, which begins at 5 p.m., and $150 for the cocktail reception, which begins at 6.m. The Designer Showhouse will be open to the public on Sunday, May 25 and Monday, May 26, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The suggested donation is $10 and entry for children is free.
4. The Miracle House 24th Annual Summer Kickoff will take place on Saturday, May 24, at Bridgehampton Tennis & Surf (231 Mid Ocean Drive, Bridgehampton, 631-537-1180, www.miraclehouse.org) from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The evening will feature light summer fare, cocktails, an auction and special guest appearance from Martha Wash. Tickets are $300 per person.
5. Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation will celebrate Memorial Day weekend with a Wine Tasting Benefit from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 24, at the Southampton Center (25 Jobs Lane, Southampton, www.southamptonanimalshelter.com). The evening will include music by John Ludlow and Bryan Campbell, wine, and hors d’oeurves. Tickets are $40 per person or 2 for $75.
6. Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic’s Annual East End Benefit will be held at a private residence in Water Mill (www.plannedparenthood.org) on Sunday, May 25, from 5 to 7 p.m. The festive event will feature cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction, and catering by Cynthia Battaglia Distinctive Catering. Tickets are $150 for a Next Generation Ticket (age 35 and under) or $300 for an Individual Ticket.
7. Southampton Artists Association is celebrating the debut of their Memorial Day Member Show during a reception at the Levitas Center for the Arts at the Southampton Cultural Center (25 Pond Lane, Southampton, 631-287-4377, southamptonculturalcenter.org) on Sunday, May 25, from 4 to 6 p.m.
8. Surf Lodge (183 Edgemere Street, Montauk, 631-483-5037, for tickets click here) is partnering with eBay Giving Works to raise money for Montauk Playhouse with a private performance by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros on Sunday, May 25. Doors open at 5 p.m. and tickets are $100.
9. DKNY and DJ Hannah Bronfman are hosting a fundraising dinner and cocktail party benefiting Ovarian Cancer Research Fund at Georgica (108 Stone Road, Wainscott, 631-537-6255, for tickets click here) on Sunday, May 25. Cocktails begin at 8 p.m., followed by dinner at 9 p.m. and an after-party starting at 11 p.m. Tickets are $95.
10. East End Arts is holding the 18th Annual Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival (www.eastendarts.org) in downtown Riverhead on Sunday, May 25. Admission is free, and the festival runs from 12 to 5 p.m., between Roanoke Avenue and East Street, as well as on East End Arts’ grounds. The afternoon will include live music, food trucks, face painting, an arts and crafts fair, a drum circle, and other fun activities for all ages.