ArtHamptons, the longest-standing art fair in the Hamptons, is set to showcase works from 400 respected artists over 4th of July weekend. Along with exhibits from 70 prestigious galleries from 14 countries, ArtHamptons is also holding several special events. If you’re still not sure what fair programming to attend, here are our top five ArtHamptons happenings:
1. The First Look on Thursday, July 2nd from 5 to 7 p.m. Hosted by Maria and Kenneth Fishel, ArtHamptons Black Card holders can attend the exclusive ArtHamptons preview. Along with claiming first dibs on the fair’s fine art selection, attendees will enjoy hors d’oeuvres and specialty cocktails by the Executive Chef of The Inn Spot on the Bay, Chef Colette.
2. Hamptons.com is presenting a Meet The Artists Reception on Friday, July 3rd from 6 to 8 p.m. Join us in the VIP Lounge to celebrate the exhibiting artists. The evening will include a graffiti art performance by Dom, a British street artist, and a silent auction of a Bob Taylor photograph, which benefits the Southampton Cultural Center.
3. Ruth S. Appelhoff, the Executive Director of Guild Hall, will be presented with the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award on Sunday, July 5th from 12 to 1 p.m. A reception will follow in the VIP Lounge.
4. Celebrate Independence Day at The ARTrageous Fourth @ ArtHamptons. On Saturday, July 4th from 1 to 8 p.m., attendees are invited to the “Made in America” themed Fourth of July celebration.
5. Panelists will present unique ideas and success stories for leveraging an art collection to create liquidity for other purposes during “Planning Around Your Art Collection as an Asset,” presented by US Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management. The discussion will take place on Sunday, July 5th from 2 to 3 p.m.
ArtHamptons will take place Thursday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 5th.
ArtHamptons is located at 900 Lumber Lane in Bridgehampton. For more information, visit www.arthamptons.com.