From the fun Hamptons soirees to having beach weather on the horizon, Memorial Day Weekend marks the start of the Hamptons season which is cause for celebration. A tasty cocktail is the perfect way to kickoff the season in style.
1. Coconut Watermelon Freeze: Nothing says summer like cooling down with a delicious frozen drink.
Method: Add all ingredients into blender with ice; blend in crush ice mode. Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and a watermelon ball and pour into a hurricane glass.
2. Honey Ginger Sauza-Rita: A batch of margaritas is the perfect addition to any Hamptons Memorial Day weekend BBQ. This recipe serves 9.
Directions: Combine lemonade, ginger beer, Sauza Tequila, water and 1 tablespoon of honey in a pitcher filled with ice. Stir well to combine. Rim your cocktail glasses by dipping in remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and then running them through a plate of salt. Serve over ice with a lemon wheel.
3. Blue Hawaiian: An easy to make fun fruity colorful cocktail to kickoff the start of the season.
Directions: Shake pineapple juice and Georgi Coconut Flavored Vodka into cocktail shaker. Pour over ice and top with Llord’s Blue Curacao.
4. LeSUTRA Blue Bowls: Stop by Montauk Yacht Club (32 Star Island Road, 631-668-3100, www.montaukyachtclub.com) starting Memorial Day Weekend to try all four flavors of LeSUTRA Blue Bowls.
5. Sargeant Sake: Easy to make and refreshing drink making it a perfect summer drink.
Directions: Shake TY KU Sake Black with ice in cocktail shaker. Pour over ice and top with a splash of Grapefruit Juice.
6. Cherry Bourbon Blossom: In honor of one of the prettiest flowering trees sip on this unique cocktail.
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and shake. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a pink edible flower.
7. Coconut Rum Punch: Enjoy the relaxed spirits of the Caribbean while sipping on this tropical cocktail.
Directions: Shake Rum Punch and coconut rum into cocktail shaker. Pour over ice and top with lemon lime soda.
Have a happy and relaxing Memorial Day weekend!