Whether you are hosting a ghostly Hamptons Halloween get-together, or plan on preparing for a zombie apocalypse and vampire invasion with a movie marathon, here are nine hauntingly delicious concoctions to try.
1. Beetle Juice: When whipping up a cocktail your first thought might not be bugs, but don’t let the name of this concoction dissuade you.
Directions: Build cocktail in an ice filled highball glass. Garnish with a lime squeeze.
2. Cruzan Haunted Cinn: Showcasing favored fall flavors, this hauntingly tasty concoction is the perfect treat for when you return from trick-or-treating with the kids.
Directions: Combine Cruzan Velvet Cinn, Cruzan Aged Dark Rum and Blood Orange Liqueur in a tumbler over ice and stir for 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Float a small amount of DeKuyper Hot Damn! Liqueur on top and finish with a flamed orange zest.
3. Black Pumpkin: Stop by Rowdy Hall (10 Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-8555, www.rowdyhall.com) in East Hampton to try this Halloween inspired cocktail.
Directions: Pour 2 oz. Infused Pumpkin Spice Vodka into the bottom of a pint glass. Pour Guinness over vodka.
To Infuse Vodka: Cube 3 cups of cheese pumpkin and roast in oven at 375 degrees until the edges are brown but not totally cooked. Add to 1 liter of vodka while warm along with 1/2 stick of cinnamon, 2 cloves and 1 vanilla bean split down the middle. Let infuse 4 to 7 days. Taste daily and removing the cinnamon and cloves if they become more pronounced. Strain though a wire strainer, then cheesecloth. Finish by straining through a coffee filter.
4. Children of the Thorn Punch: If you are hosting a Halloween bash, save some time by whipping up a batch or two of this ghoulish party punch in advance. The rich red hue will have partygoers wondering what they are sipping on.
Directions: Combine all ingredients except Club soda and chill overnight. Serve in a large punch bowl. Top off with club soda.
5. Basil Hayden’s Spooky Pumpkin Sour: It’s all about the pumpkin flavors for Halloween, so try this cocktail created by Joaquín Simó.
Directions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin, add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into rocks glass over ice. Garnish with skewered candy corn.
6. Raspberry Peach Jolly Rancher: For candy in a cocktail try this sweet treat created by mixologist George Carney.
Directions: Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake. Strain into a cocktail glass and serve.
7. Snickertini: Another candy inspired cocktail, this libation will be adored by chocoholics.
Directions: Using the muddler, crush peanuts, dip the rim of a chilled martini glass in simple syrup, then dip in crushed peanuts. Combine Sobieski Vodka, irish cream, amaretto, Chocolat Royal and cream in a shaker. Fill with ice and shake hard. Strain into peanut-rimmed martini glass.
8. Pumpkin Cobbler Bellini: Combing pumpkin flavors with a little bubbly, enjoy after adoring all the adorable trick-or-treaters.
Directions: Combine Peach LeSutra and Pumpkin Spice Liquer. Top with Champagne. Pour into cinnamon and sugar rimmed champagne flute and garnish with Peach Slice or Candy Pumpkin.
9. The Killer Zombie: While watching your favorite zombie movies like “Dawn of the Dead,” and “Warm Bodies,” drink this Halloween concoction which won’t make you feel like the walking dead.
Directions: Combine ingredients in a shaker, shake, and strain into a cocktail glass. Serve with Jelly Candy as garnish.