Ring in the New Year by enjoying one of these seven cocktails.
1. Veuve Clicquot: Keep it simple with a flute of champagne.
2. Chocolate Pomegranate Fizz: A sweet way to start the New Year.
Directions: Combine all ingredients except sparkling wine in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake. Strain into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon twist and pomegranate seeds dropped into the glass.
3. Cruzan Sparkling Estate Diamond: A refreshing libation to celebrate the start of 2014.
Directions: Combine rum, juice and syrup over ice and shake for 15 seconds. Fine strain into a chilled champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine.
4. Berry Tea Royale: If you’re exhausted from New Year’s Eve celebrations, sip on this cocktail created by James Labe for a caffeine boost.
Directions: Steep tea at 4X normal strength for 2 minutes, then remove tea bag and chill liquid for later use. Pour chilled tea and cassis into glass and stir. Tilt glass and slowly fill with Champagne. Serve without garnish.
5. Kilbeggan Boyne: For a sweet New Year, this drink created by Josko Babic of KOH in Dublin, Ireland was named after the River Boyne, which flows through the Boyne Valley in Co. Meath – home of the best Irish honey.
Directions: Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir to dissolve the honey. Add cubed ice and stir once again for 20 to 30 seconds until the drink is chilled ice cold. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with orange peel.
6. Winter Survival: A tasty way to cure the winter blues.
Directions: In a mixing glass combine ingredients. Add ice and stir for 30 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice, garnish with a lemon twist.
7. Hornitos Holiday Horchata: Toast the end of the holiday season with this festive favorite.
Directions: Add all ingredients to a shaker over ice to chill. Shake, strain and pour into a shot glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar.