It’s all about the tequila on Cinco de Mayo, so chose your favorite recipe and get mixing.
1. Flirty Fiesta Margarita: You can’t go wrong with a margarita.
Directions: Run a lime wedge around half the lip of a glass and dip in sanding sugar to rim. Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
2. Vendado: W New York – Downtown is giving away a trip to the W Mexico City on Cinco de Mayo. Order a Vendado, and your drink could have a piñata with a two night stay certificate inside.
Directions: Muddle kiwi, raspberries, and peppermint. Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice.
3. Spicy Sombrero: Bring the heat this Cinco de Mayo with this cocktail with a kick.
Directions: Rim shot glass with salt and smoked paprika. Mix chilled lemonade, chilled Hornitos Plata and hot sauce in mixing glass and pour into shot glass.
4. Qui Tequila’s Mexican Mule: This tequila twist on the Moscow Mule is available at Gemma at the Bowery Hotel.
• 1.5 oz. Qui Platinum Extra-Añejo Tequila
• 3 oz. Golden Ginger
• 3 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
• Garnish with Orange Twist
Directions: In a mixing glass, add ice and all the above ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain over ice into a copper mug and garnish with an orange twist.
5. Air Mexico Flight: If you still can’t decide your drink of the night, try the Hard Rock Cafe’s Air Mexico Flight, three mini margaritas served in dessert glasses.
The base for all three:
Add one flavor to each glass:
#1 – .5 oz Monin Habenero Lime
#2 – .5 oz. Blue Curucao
#3- .5 oz. Monion Desert Pear
Directions: Garnish each glass with salt rim and a lime wedge.