In honor of National Lemonade Day on Thursday, August 20th, Stoli has teamed up with New York City’s original alcoholic cupcake company, Prohibition Bakery, to create limited-edition Stoli Blueberi Lemonade cupcakes that are spiked with Stoli Blueberi vodka. The cupcakes will be available at the bakery from Thursday, August 20th through Sunday, August 23rd. For those not in NYC, you can recreate the adult’s only treat (which makes a nice addition to any summer feast) at home.
Stoli Blueberi Lemonade Cupcakes:
Recipe yields 60 mini cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Prepare mini cupcake tins with liners and set aside.
3. Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl or container and set aside.
4. In a bowl with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle or a whisk, combine sugar, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and yogurt and mix until well combined.
5. Add eggs 1 at a time and whisk well.
6. Slowly add dry ingredients while whisking and mix until few lumps remain, taking care not to over beat.
7. Fill cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Let cupcakes cool completely before filling or frosting.
1. With a stand mixer fitted with a paddle or electric mixer, beat butter until incorporated.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat. Frosting may be crumbly or very thick at this point.
3. While mixer is running, stream in blackberry/vodka juice.
4. Add lemon zest.
5. Transfer to a piping bag if desired.
1. Mash blueberries, zest, and sugar together in a large saucepan using a potato masher or the flat-bottomed glass.
2. Heat over high heat until sugar mixture begins to boil.
3. Add pectin and stir thoroughly, boiling for at least another minute.
4. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
5. Transfer to heatproof airtight container.
1. Whisk jam until smooth.
2. Add Stoli Blueberi 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring in between each tablespoon.
3. Once desired consistency is reached, transfer to a squeeze bottle.
1. When cupcakes are cool, core out each cupcake with a mall pastry tip. If you don’t have a pastry tip, poke a hole into the middle of the cupcake with a narrow knife (a steak knife would do.)
2. Fill the cavity with the blueberry/vodka filling, taking care not to let it overflow.
3. Frost cupcakes to your liking.
4. Garnish with fresh blueberry.